Did you know? According to the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, approximately 50,000 – 100 000 Americans die each year due to medication errors, and another 1.3 million are injured to its effects. At Family Support Care LLC, the safety of our clients is highly important to us, which is why we offer an ongoing medication administration training conducted by Ohio DODD-certified nurses.
Through our medication administration training, we ensure that all of our care providers are knowledgeable and prepared to administer medications in a safe, precise manner. Taught by Ohio DODD-certified nurses, our medication training covers a broad range of topics including:
- Safe Handling of Medicines
- Classification and Types of Medication
- Prescribing Medication
- Self-Administration and Supporting Independence
- Contra-Indications, Allergies, and Overdoses
- Understanding Potential Side Effects
- Storing and Disposing of Medication
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
- Medication Management
- Proper Administration Methods
- Types and Reasons for Medication Errors
- And more
Through our medication training, we make certain that our care staff is knowledgeable about the proper methods for storing, administering, receiving, and disposing of medication.
Are you interested in our medication training program? For additional information, get in touch with us at 513-795-7299 or Set an Appointment today.